HunchBuzz provides a rich and granular security model to allow organizations the flexibility to map their structure and processes with the HunchBuzz platform.
Note: changing any of these settings will terminate all user sessions and require users to login again.
Let's start with a list of entities and information types:
- Platform is the highest level entity. This maps one-to-one with the organization.
- Groups provide a way to manage groups of users whether internal or external.
- Users belong to one or more HunchBuzz platforms.
- Challenges are the heart of the HunchBuzz, the problem statements or strategic goals the organization is seeking input on.
- Ideas are the user responses to the challenges.
Platform Security Settings
At the platform level there are a number of options to secure access and control user actions:
An admin can select who can access the platform and whether authentication is required with the following options:
- Everyone (Public) anyone may access the platform. This is useful for public communities where the audience is potentially unknown.
NOTE: Anyone can view the platform but authentication is required to interact (e.g. create an idea, comment etc.).
- Members of this platform allows anyone who has been explicitly invited to access the platform.
- Admins only means only users with admin privileges can access the platform.
- Admins plus groups only users with admin privileges or those who belong to an allowed group can access the platform.
- Admins plus email addresses only users with admin privileges or those who have an email address with a specified domain(s) can access the platform.
Note: For single sign-on (SSO) enabled platforms an organization controls access to HunchBuzz through their internal directory. They can also allow access to external users with Mixed-Mode Authentication.
Encouraging Sign in/Sign Up
For communities using the Everyone (Public) option anyone can view the content but must create an account to interact. Admins can encourage this by setting Encourage users to create an account to "Yes" and entering some text that will be displayed the first time a user visits the community:
Allows an admin to specify terms specific to their organization that users must agree to before using the platform. This might be used to clearly state ownership of ideas, for instance.
Determine how long a users session is valid before they need to sign in again.
Idea Voting Settings
Daily User Voting Limit
Control how many times a user can vote in a single day. Defaults to unlimited.
Voting Display Options
This allows you to control whether individual’s votes show in the activity stream. Go to Admin->Settings->Security and select from the following vote display options:
- Show all votes – all votes are displayed (positive or negative)
- Hide all votes – don’t show any voting activity
- Hide negative votes – show only that the user has voted (but not whether positive or negative)
Sometimes users might be reluctant to downvote and idea if they will be identified as having done so. This setting allows some granularity in the level of anonymity of the voting process.
Control whether ideas can be shared via email and social networks.
Enables or disables access to the platform from the HunchBuzz mobile app. This should not be confused with accessing HunchBuzz from a browser on a mobile device such as a phone or iPad.