HunchBuzz provides a lot of flexibility in determining the scope of a challenge. You can create challenges that are open to all members of the community or only for specific groups. See Setup your challenges for general information on the Challenge wizard.
Public vs. Private Challenges
A public challenge is one that is visible to all members of the community, this means it will have a community setting of Everyone.
A private challenge will only be visible to users who belong to the defined user group(s), and admins.
Sub-Communities vs. Private Challenges
Sub-Communities is a deprecated feature that has been replaced with Private Challenges. Sub-Communities is still available for backwards compatibility but we recommend admins use Private Challenges to restrict challenges to certain groups of users.
Challenge Security Options
There are two of security options available:
Controls which users have access to the challenge. The settings are:
- Everyone - any member of the community has access to the challenge.
- Groups + Admins - only specified groups, and admins, have access to challenge. If selected a list of available security groups will be displayed. Choose one or more groups and click Save.
- Admins Only - challenge is only visible to admins.
Submission Access controls whether submissions or ideas are visible to others. This should not be confused with general access to the challenge and, in general, you will never change this setting.
- Everyone allows anyone in the community to vote and comment on all submissions (default setting).
- Private means admins can view all submissions but users can only view their own.