For SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled platforms an organization controls access to HunchBuzz through their internal directory. This effectively lets the organization manage the authorization and authentication of users itself.
This is sufficient for most internal user scenarios but if, say, you have an SSO platform but want to invite Customer A and Partner B in to collaborate you either need to add them to your directory (probably under an "external" security group) - or used Mixed-Mode Authentication (MMA).
How it Works
Enabling MMA allows you to add and manage users via standard HunchBuzz authentication - a username and password - in an SSO environment. Here's an example:
- Your employees access HunchBuzz through your Active Directory so all sign on and access is controlled by your AD.
- You want to add external users to your HunchBuzz community without having to create those users within your AD.
- You enable MMA to invite external users via their email addresses.
- You now have a mixed mode authentication model.
There are some things to be aware of when using MMA:
- When enabled users will be presented with a choice of sign in options: either through their organizational directory or as a HunchBuzz user:
- If MMA is disabled access will be terminated immediately for any user NOT in your organizational directory.
NOTE: it would be prudent to delete external accounts through the admin panel.