Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a method of establishing access to an online account or computer system that requires a user to provide two different types of information. With two-factor authentication, users need to both provide a password and prove their identity some other way to gain access.
This provides an extra level of security over a username/password combination.
With HunchBuzz 2FA this is done by entering a one time code generated by an authenticator app. Some examples of commonly used authenticator apps are:
You can setup 2FA yourself to provide extra security to your information, or your community admin can require that all community members use 2FA to sign in.
How to setup 2FA
- Install an authenticator app on your preferred device.
- If your community requires 2FA to sign in you will be asked to set this up when you sign in.
- If you want to enable 2FA on your account you can do this by clicking your profile picture on the top right and choosing "Profile". Then, click the "Setup 2FA" button:
- You will be asked to provide your password:
- You will be presented a QR code that you can scan with any authenticator app, alternatively you can also enter the code displayed if you device doesn't support scanning:
- Start your authenticator app on your device and scan the code
- This will create an entry in your authenticator app called "Hunchbuzz" which you can then use when signing into HunchBuzz.
How to Remove 2FA
If your community does not require 2FA access then you can remove 2FA from your account by contacting us at https://hunchbuzz.com/contact